Submit cover letter and resume to Rick Sherck at email@example.com.
Noble County Economic Development Corporation
(Hereafter referred to as the “Corporation”)
The Administrative Assistant supports the Executive Director and Board of Directors in administrative functions required for effective implementation in carrying out a coordinated economic development program.
- Assists the Executive Director with all day-to-day operations of the corporation; performs clerical/secretarial functions including answering phones, greeting visitors, etc.
- Schedules appointments for the Executive Director
- Conducts research, compiles data, and provides reports as needed
- Executes accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll functions using Quickbooks
- Reconciles bank statements and prepares monthly financial reports
- Maintains organizational files and other records
- Acts as recording secretary at Noble County EDC board meetings
- Communicates with industries, governmental personnel, and other stakeholders in communities
- Maintains confidentiality
- Schedules meetings; organizes events (may include catering, speakers and coordinating travel)
- Completes other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
- Uses standard software programs in one or more of the following applications: Microsoft Word, Excel,
and Outlook; Intuit QuickBooks
- Communicates with people inside and outside the Corporation to exchange information and/or provide customer service
- Compiles data and performs mathematical calculations and basic accounting functions
Must be able to work independently and as directed by the Executive Director.
Indoor general office environment, climate-controlled office. Noise level is moderate and includes sound of
normal office equipment. No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
Sometimes requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time. May be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
(files, cases of photocopy paper, etc.)
High School Diploma or GED, two-year degree preferred
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Must possess excellent keyboarding skills
- Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; and Intuit QuickBooks
- Must work well with others and without direct supervision
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be bondable
- Must possess high degree of confidentiality
- Preferably exhibits initiative to grow professional knowledge by attending seminars and classes,
thus allowing for enhanced job performance, with approval from Executive Director
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. The Administrative Assistant may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or provide relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.